NEW MICRO CELL INFO!!
To share with Willow Ridge:
I learned on Wednesday night that Gov. Cuomo amended his 2019Y budget with a small cell law that proposes to limit local control over municipal Rights-of-Way.
See attached budget. The law language begins on page 14 of the document.
Direct link: https://www.budget.ny.gov/…/e…/fy19artVIIs/TEDArticleVII.pdf
You can also read the Association of Town's February 5, 2018 response. See attached doc. AofT's Response on this issue begins at page 9. Direct link: http://www.nytowns.org/…/HomePage/2018%2019%20Budget%20Test…
A week ago, NYS Town leaders (including board members from Amherst) were formally briefed by wireless representatives at the Association of Town's meeting in Albany about this amended piece of Cuomo's budget.
FYI: Industry wireless lobbyists in California attempted to pass something similar via SB-649 last year. However, Gov. Brown rightfully vetoed it.
Feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.
1. Center For Municipal Solutions Regulating Wireless Facilities in the Public Rights-of-Ways (Read First)
2. League of Minnesota Cities Information Memo Cell Towers, Small Cell Technologies & Distributed Antenna Systems (Read Second)
3. Article: "Jerry Brown vetoes bill easing permits on cell phone towers"
4. Article: Examining invisible urban pollution and its effect on real estate value in New York City - by William Gati
5. Amherst's existing wireless code.
6. Amherst's existing special use permit code.
7. Researched and annotated code pieces that I've compiled for the Town to consider integrating into the wireless code's revision.
8. Deputy Town Attorney Ordinance Draft: DRAFT WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES ORDINANCE FOR FACILITIES COVERED UNDER SECTION 6409(a) OF THE MIDDLE CLASS TAX RELIEF AND JOB CREATION ACT OF 2012 (Distributed to committee Oct 19, 2017)
9. Deputy Town Attorney Ordinance Draft: DRAFT ORDINANCE FOR NEW AND SUBSTANTIALLY CHANGED WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES (Distributed to committee Nov 22, 2017)
For reference and comparison, here are two links to City of Vista, CA ordinances that are almost identical to Ms. Schultz's drafts.
1: DRAFT ORDINANCE FOR NEW AND SUBSTANTIALLY CHANGED WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES Link: http://www.cityofvista.com/home/showdocument?id=9652
2: DRAFT WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FACILITIES ORDINANCE FOR FACILITIES COVERED UNDER SECTION 6409(a) OF THE MIDDLE CLASS TAX RELIEF AND JOB CREATION ACT OF 2012 Link: http://www.cityofvista.com/home/showdocument?id=9654